DD India's Reach Limits to 38 Countries
Posted by DTHNews Blog on 1:52:00 PM in | Comments : 0
NEW DELHI: The reach of the international channel of Doordarshan - DD India - has fallen to less than half following the shifting of the transmission from Intelsat to Insat 4B satellite.
While the channel was reaching 86 countries through Intelsat, it is currently reaching just 38 countries.
The contract with the Intelsat Corporation of the United States expired on 5 March this year. DD had been paying around Rs 80 million per year to Intelsat for the transmission.
A provision of Rs 1 billion has been set aside in the 12th Five Year Plan to improve the content on DD India with a change in its fixed point chart.
This will mean more programmes on travelogue, medical tourism, Daily Bollywood news, educational programmes, gems and jewellery, India's cuisine and fashion programmes, apart from efforts to increase the frequency of Indian feature films including popular blockbuster movies.
Most Reading Posts in this Week
- Buy DD Free Dish Set Top Box by Home Delivery At Rs.599
- TATA Sky Package Details with Channel list and Pack Price
- Airtel Digital TV Packages, Channel list With Price Pack
- Sony Yay! Kids Channels launched and added various DTH platforms
- Videocon D2H Satellite Management Help and Code
- How to Trace Mobile Number or Get Call History online
- Sony Pal added on 6 Direct to Home Platforms
- Dish TV Customer Care Number Toll Free
- How to pair Videocon D2H Universal Remote to TV Remote
- Sony Yay! And Republic TV added on Dish TV