High Court quashes award asking Prasar Bharati to pay Rs 1 cr to B4U Network
Posted by Pradeep Tomar on 11:59:00 AM in Indian TV News | Comments : 0
Source: - http://www.dayandnightnews.com
In a relief to Prasar Bharati, the Delhi High Court today set aside an arbitral award directing the public broadcaster to pay over Rs one crore to B4U Multimedia (B4U), a television network founded by UK-based businessman Lakshmi Mittal.
Justice S Muralidhar also imposed a cost of Rs 10,000 on the television network while allowing the plea of Prasar Bharati against the arbitral award. The court said the public broadcaster was not under an obligation to telecast films sourced from B4U.
“It’s clear that there is no obligation on the petitioner (Prasar Bharati) to telecast any of the films sourced by it from the respondent (B4U),” Justice Muralidhar said. Prasar Bharati had in 2000 entered into an agreement with B4U. As per the contract, B4U offered films, in which it owned rights, for telecast in Doordarshan Worldwide (DD Worldwide).
Most Reading Posts in this Week
- Buy DD Free Dish Set Top Box by Home Delivery At Rs.599
- TATA Sky Package Details with Channel list and Pack Price
- Airtel Digital TV Packages, Channel list With Price Pack
- Videocon D2H Satellite Management Help and Code
- DD Free dish selected 5 manufactures for iCAS STBs
- Dish TV Customer Care Number Toll Free
- New TV Channels Coming soon in India - Complete List for 2016
- How to Trace Mobile Number or Get Call History online
- How to pair Videocon D2H Universal Remote to TV Remote
- Videocon D2H launched "Videocon HD Smart Connect Box"