Common Set-Top Box for all DTH Operators, Says TRAI Chairman
New Delhi - It's good news for DTH subscribers because Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has directed to all DTH operators for new build set-top box. So if any subscribers want to change DTH operator he can change without changing set-top box.
So this is good move by TRAI, because now subscribers can use their set-top same as mobile. Rahul Khullar chairman of the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said All DTH operators should provide set-top box that allow customers to switch DTH service provider without changing box. If DTH operator not able to provide this type set-top box then he should buy back from customer so that subscriber can purchase another box in this money.
According to Press Trust of India about the new framework of DTH Licences will be issues for 20 years, rather than the current 10 years.
Guidelines must be redrawn by TRAI given the initial ones made no provision for licence renewal, and the ten year licence issued to India's first DTH provider, Dish TV, expired earlier this year.
DTH operators are able to submit written comments for the TRAI consultation before Friday 13 December.
Most Reading Posts in this Week
- Buy DD Free Dish Set Top Box by Home Delivery At Rs.599
- TATA Sky Package Details with Channel list and Pack Price
- Airtel Digital TV Packages, Channel list With Price Pack
- Videocon D2H Satellite Management Help and Code
- Dish TV Customer Care Number Toll Free
- How to Trace Mobile Number or Get Call History online
- New TV Channels Coming soon in India - Complete List for 2016
- DD Free dish selected 5 manufactures for iCAS STBs
- How to pair Videocon D2H Universal Remote to TV Remote
- Complete Indian Satellite TV Channels List