DD Free dish selected 5 manufactures for iCAS STBs
This is very good news for DD Free dish subscribers that Prasar Bharati recently invited tender to Indian local manufacturers for manufacturing iCAS enabled STBs for DD Free dish DTH.
Finally this tender has opened on 16/12/2016 and Prasar Bharati selected 5 STB OEMs.
Modern Communication and Broadcast
STB Model No. Champion400SI SD
KMTS Engineering PVT LTD
STB Model No. SOLID 786
Velankani Electronics PVT LTD
STB Model No. PRYSM SD-S2
BGM Holding Company
STB Model No. WLD001
STB Model No. MB441
Although Doordarshan and OEMs agreement yet to be process, it will be complete after 5 samples provided by manufacturers to Doordarshan Bharati. These STB will BIS test and certified.
Currently DD Freedish DTH is offering more than 80 TV and 24 Radio channels without any monthly subscription. These channels are available in mpeg-2 format. But now Doordarshan decided to go one step ahead for DD Freedish. Now in these new STBs will be with iCAS system with mpeg-4 technology which will provide you sharp audio and video.
In iCAS enabled STBs, Doordarshan Freedish will also carry EPG (electronics program guide) for all TV channels. But it could be bad news for those who are living in outside of country like Nepal, Pakistan, and Bhutan etc. They will not be able to watch these channels due to unavailability of set-top boxes in their countries.
But let’s see what happens in DD Free dish India's free dth service.
Most Reading Posts in this Week
- Buy DD Free Dish Set Top Box by Home Delivery At Rs.599
- TATA Sky Package Details with Channel list and Pack Price
- Airtel Digital TV Packages, Channel list With Price Pack
- Videocon D2H Satellite Management Help and Code
- Dish TV Customer Care Number Toll Free
- How to Trace Mobile Number or Get Call History online
- DD Free dish selected 5 manufactures for iCAS STBs
- New TV Channels Coming soon in India - Complete List for 2016
- How to pair Videocon D2H Universal Remote to TV Remote
- Complete Indian Satellite TV Channels List